Author Topic: Please help!  (Read 4846 times)

mon_wai

• User
Please help!
« on: December 25, 2006, 10:57:03 PM »
I am new to use visual C++ 6, i have tried to run the example of the game "Henway" from Michael Morrison. I had input all the files to source , resource and header files. However,I got the following errors, dont' understand why i can't run it.. Please help me.
Thank you for reading my problems.

--------------------Configuration: h - Win32 Debug--------------------
Linking...
Bitmap.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __imp__TransparentBlt@44
GameEngine.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __imp__joyGetDevCapsA@12
GameEngine.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __imp__joyGetPos@8
GameEngine.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __imp__joyGetNumDevs@0
GameEngine.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __imp__joySetCapture@16
GameEngine.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __imp__joyReleaseCapture@4
GameEngine.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "void __cdecl HandleJoystick(unsigned short)" (?HandleJoystick@@YAXG@Z)
Debug/h.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 7 unresolved externals
Error executing link.exe.

h.exe - 8 error(s), 0 warning(s)

nicolas

• User
Re: Please help!
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2006, 11:03:31 PM »
What you are missing seems to be winmm library. On gcc compiler I'd just add -lwinmm to the commandline switches, buw I don't know anything about Microsoft Visual C, no idea how to add libraries there.

Gillius

• Administrator
  • User
    • http://www.gillius.org/
Re: Please help!
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2006, 04:22:22 AM »
I used MSVC 6 some years ago. How it works now and I think it was the same in MSVC 6 was that you would right-click on the project to set its properties, then in the linker tab/section/panel you would add the lib file to the libraries list. I would guess that you would add "winmm.lib" to the list, or it might be called "winmm32.lib"
Gillius
Gillius's Programming http://www.gillius.org/